Sunday, April 16, 2006

Another post abt Medan...

Yup, Maybe it’s quite boring to continue on and on abt my Medan trip….but I think this is something worth telling.
After the super tiring trip to my dad’s “kampong”, the next day, again, I have to wake up at 5.30 pm…super early rite?? This is becoz my uncle wanted to take us to this very nice place that I’ve heard of since I was in Primary sch….
Typical IPS (Geography) question:
Wad is the largest lake in Indonesia…Answer: Lake Toba…
Okay…this is just common knowledge which I think most studentsin Indo will know…but wad most of them dunno is how beautiful that place is…
I won’t elaborate abt the long way from Medan to this place called Parapat…usually ppl pronounce it as Prapat…haha yup, this is like one part of the land ard Toba Lake…
Tell u wad, the scenery there was like a few times more beautiful than other similar place that I’ve been to, like Guilin in China which I went to end of 2004 if I’m not wrong. If anyone who has gone to Guilin and say that that place is nice, wait till u come to Lake Toba…hehe did I sound like I’m promoting, but really, Medan ppl are so fortunate coz it’s nearer..
At this place u can see Mountain and Lake, which means that the lake is surrounded by mountain. It’s rather hard to explain n elaborate by words coz u have to see it urself.
It’s really a pity that such a beautiful beautiful place seems to be rather forgotten and abandoned after the 1998 riot (that’s wad I heard from the ppl there).
We stayed in a hotel called Niagara which was actually quite far from the Lake side. So didn’t really have much chance to play with water. But it was a really nice n clean hotel and wad special was that the view from the hotel is much better than the other hotels nearer to the lake coz our hotel was at higher ground so u can see all, basically.
I really wanted to try that water scooter or something like that, u noe, the one in the movie Hitch if u noe wad I mean…but my mom said that actually it’s not as easy to drive that thing as u see it. Maybe quite true lah, I dun even noe how to drive car, then my swimming is still damn lousy. Haha…so many excuses but basically just dun have the gut to try lah. I wish I could really, looks like damn fun.
Beside sight seeing, I oso got my own “Biology lesson” on the field. Yup, had the chance to see plants that city dweller like me nv see before. Haha I sounds so Kampungan rite? But I guess I learned sum stuff that we won’t get from textbook only.
Yup, after spending one day n one nite at Parapat, we went back to Medan via Brastagi. This is like the Puncak of Medan ppl. Puncak is where jkt ppl would go during weekends or holidays. While for Medan ppl, Brastagi is oso that kind of place.
Then at brastagi, went to the Fruit Market. Too bad it was raining. So we didn’t spend much time there and that’s the end of the trip and I was on the way back to Medan.
Fiuhh….wad along post. Continue next time

No comments: