Sunday, March 26, 2006

My badminton training....love it!

Hey hey...it's time that I share sum stories abt my badminton training. Having been thru' it for ard 3 months or less (due to occasional ponning =>) Yep, it's been my routine every thursday and Saturday... during this long break. I've got different coaches for Thurs and Sat but I enjoy the Sat one more... coz the coach give more encouragement and it makes me more excited...haha
A typical sat training started at ard 9 o'clock...plus plus....due to late comers and other lazy reason...
So I always do my stretching for awhile...twist here twist there, stretch leg stretch hand, squat left squat right...haha now i noe how impt it is to stretch if u dun wanna get muscle ache after the training...
Ok, so after the stretching part, here comes the intense physical training which i dread a lot...so damn tiring... Actually from the whole training, it's the physical training that is the toughest....it's mostly to train leg...got sprint on the spot, "angkat paha" or lifting thigh,"lompat kijang" (dunno wad is this called in english..), "lompat bangku" (benches arranged parallelly with some spaces in between and we must jump across the benches back and forth --> this is damn hard, I still cannot do it) ...etc etc...thanks to these series of training my legs are much more muscular than before...
Then after that, we got "shadow"... the names may be rather funny (but i'm just stating wad the others usually say) which means that u hold the racket and move to the direction which the coach says....for example..."kanan depan" or right front....so u must take ur fastest step there...and so on and so forth....btw, no shuttle cock invlove yet...
The whole thing from physical training till shadow is like ard 1/2 an hour aledy and by this time, my shirt will be totally wet aledy, like just coming out of the washing machine or worse....
So the next part will be the real training or drilling. Usually the coach will gather ard 12 sets of 20 shuttlecocks per person and he will hit to wadever direction that he wants and I must go and hit back obviously... Here I discover that I've not been doing the right thing for the past 19 years of my life...(ok, maybe not that extreme lah) but basically I realised that my holding of racket is wrong, my foot steps are wrong and those are the basics...Yup, but I'm improving slowly I hope...hehe...
Now I noe that every time u hit a ball, let's say netting on the right or left side (it doesn't matter), I have to put my right foot in front (coz I'm a right hander) and the opposite is true otherwise...
Now the problem that i have now is I still dunno how to smash, lop and do backhand properly...hueeekkksss....So u may ask, "wad r u doing then?" the answer is: I dunno...haha...
But it's ok, I'm still in the early process of learning.
The first few practises when I was asked to play wif a kid maybe ard 9 to 12 yrs old or even younger... This is like damn embarrasing lah. I'm like twice their height, my legs and hands maybe longer than theirs but, a big BUT... they can cover more grounds faster and hit the cock with maybe like triple my strength...omigosh...i'm like beaten so easily, like killing an ants I must say. Yes, I was damn embarrased at first but I realise that the amount of training i've been thru' now is nothing compared to them. They train like everyday including sat...and 2 times a day....They are the national athletes to be...badminton is their mowl of rice, their cup of tea. So u can imagine how good they are by the time they are my age... The thursday grp i'm with is the 9-14 yrs grp while the Saturday grp are those who are ready to be fished to the National team any time...Just like Simon Santoso. He was from the club I'm training in oso...I saw him came back once. He is just one year older than me I think... not that tall but not bad looking oso...
And the may whole training ends at ard 11 plus plus with 30 sit ups and 20 back ups...fiuhhh....by that time I've finished almost 2 bottles of water and I'm totally drained but satisfied
okiess...after such a long story I think I should end here...
and I'm going medan tml...Yay!!!

No comments: