Friday, February 02, 2007

concert aftermath...

yay!!
Today is Friday and this is the first time that i can relax a bit throughout this week....
Last friday was the concert by the Indons here in NUS...it's called "When I was in Indonesia..."
The concert was a fusion of both traditional and modern music n dance....

The items performed are as follows:
- Balinese dance called Sekar Jagad... I saw the ppl practising for this one...I looks quite tough and they managed to dance well in such a short time. defenitely not easy....

-Gamelan... This item was performed by the guest performers from SMU.... I didnt really noe abt this item. coz the SMU ppl only went once for the rehearsal.... and on the day itself I was outside the backstage....so, I didnt hear them at all. Summore, I was not familiar with the songs they played...haha....so, no impression...sorrie

-ehem....ANGKLUNG orchestra.... which was the item that me and abt 27 other ppl performed.haha... we played 3 songs: Kopi Dangdut, Edelweiss and Naik Delman.
We screwed up a bit at the Kopi Dangdut, but I noe for sure, the Naik Delman n Edelweiss on that day was the best compared to all the practices we had before... good job ppl....I tremendously enjoyed the performance.
but I really want to see the video of our performance. Hope I can get hold of one copy of the video.....

-ReguA.... I think this band deserves a compliment...they sounded good, they looked good and they were entertaining.... at least this is what I saw during the rehearsals...I guess the performance on the day itself shld be superb oso... the ppl in this band are: Adi, Regi, Tari, Andrew, and the additional 2 members are Adit n Aldo... I was really impressed by the music n harmonisation...great job!!

-Tari piring... this is performed by NTU guest performers, 4 of them only. But they were oso impressive. imagine all the "throwing plates" stunts...haha I heard that one of them almost dropped the plates...luckily he managed to catch it back firmly...haha....

-IndoMe.... not very sure how to write the proper name...but it sounds something like that....
They are a grp of 4 ppl playing rock band...haha ....but of course singing indo songs... They were really good oso coz they could engage with the crowd...haha... and it was nice to listen Indo love songs....haha romantic...

oh ya, must highlight the MCs for the day. Dunno where they found an ang moh girl who were willing to be the MC...she pretended to be a tourist going around Indo....
and Dipta n Jaenatte who were the "welcomer" in each of the places.... what so funny is when Dipta appeared in front of everyone wearing the traditional costumes, ppl started laughing without him doing anything or saying anything...haha

okay basically it was a great nite, with great music n of course great audience....At first I was quite worried that the audience would not make up the whole theaterette...but not bad...it was at least 5/6 full...though i dunno how i got that...haha...crap...

This is the link to the official pictures....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40451870@N00/sets/72157594512628516/
but so sad dun have my face....hiks hiks...
will try to get from individual cameras which have my face haha
if i got all the pictures aledy, i'll try to put it up here...
i think we shld organise more of this kind of things...though it took up quite a bit of our time during the last minute practice n rehearsals, but i feel satisfied lah!! and i felt good when u see ppl come n supporting u...haha....

okie....must go do my stuff liao....

1 comment:

YuVeN said...

cindyy.. the angklung performance was really great.
Gud job from u guys!! ^^
Thx for giving me such an impressive show!! hehe...